Hello Dear friends, this is your pastor. As you already know, COVID-19 is running through Elgin and is effecting people from St Peter's Lutheran. Therefore, I want to say a few things:
- We shall not live in fear.
- We will live faithfully as disciples of Jesus Christ.
- We will "live smartly" to keep our community "more safe" as we worship God and serve God's people.
- Worship continues in person, so please attend safely. Worship will continue to be streamed live on Facebook. Sunday school will be available via Zoom.
When should I not go to a public worship service?
- If you are over 65 or have underlying health conditions that make you more susceptible to contracting COVID-19.
- "At-risk populations are those who are 65 or older, especially those with chronic lung disease; moderate to severe asthma; chronic heart disease; severe obesity; diabetes; chronic kidney disease undergoing dialysis; liver disease; or weakened immune system."
- If you are infected with COVID-19 and/or have been in contact with someone COVID-19 positive.
- If you feel even remotely ill.
I know these are distressing times. I feel it as badly as you do. I miss you all terribly. However, as I have said: this will eventually pass. There will be "the other side" of COVID-19. It is a marathon, not a sprint. Let's use our phones and computers and stay in contact. Please call or write me if you have any concerns or difficulties.
Blessings to you all and stay safe,